4.04.2005

Twelve more vein openers

Again, we return to ugo.com for the artwork and track list for the new Coldplay album. It's called X&Y, and it will be out on June 6th. I wonder if this one will be any cheerier than their last two. The release date has been pushed back twice, probably because it's safer to release their albums during bright and sunny times of year. Don't want any mass spikes in the suicide rate of their fans.

I've got the NCAA Final on in the background. I don't really care much about the outcome, except that if Illinois wins, I win two of my pools. So go Illini, I guess.

Got the new Paste magazine yesterday, and I've been listening to the included CD tonight. There's some good stuff on there from Doves, The Decemberists, Mark Geary, Glen Phillips, M. Ward, and Hammock. But the biggest surprise is Deana Carter, who previously fell into the Shania Twain/Faith Hill category of pop country songstress. Her track, "Atlanta & Birmingham" from her upcoming album The Story of My Life shows a surprising depth and grit that makes me curious to hear more. Since every one of these Paste discs results in me buying a couple of CDs, I'd say Glen Phillips and Hammock are my first choices. But if I'm feeling adventurous, I might give the story of Deana's life a try.

2 comments:

Todd - MyFlightBlog.com said...

I really enjoyed the Decemberist track on the new Paste CD

Mike said...

Check out this page for more Decemberists tracks. Thanks to Chromewave for the link.