4.08.2005

Well... damn.

In two weeks, I'll be in New York, which means I'm going to miss the Star Wars Celebration convention here in Indy the same weekend. Now normally, I'd probably go check it out just on the off chance that there might be one hot girl in the Princess Leia bikini, or to see these these guys march into the Convention Center, but it's just been announced that this year, there's actually a worthwhile reason to go. That's right folks, The Man himself is actually making an appearance. Lucas has notoriously avoided these sort of fan events in the past (and rightly so after some of the backlash from Episodes I and II), so that makes me think it's one of three things: either he's really excited about this movie and feeling brave enough to face the mob; he's worried about how it will do and realizes his future royalties lie in the success of this film; or he's going to make a big announcement. My guess is it has something to do with his plans to remaster the movies in a 3D format. He'll probably debut some footage. Oh, well. Guess a weekend of getting drunk in Manhattan is probably a better way to spend my time and money, but I'd be curious to see how Lucas is received by the crowd... and how many nerds spontaneously explode from being in the same room with him.

No comments: