4.11.2005

Lunar visit

Made another trip to Luna Music tonight in my continuing quest to purge my CD collection of all but the bare essentials. I traded in a good hundred or so CDs and walked away with a couple of new discs, a few older ones I've had my eye on for awhile, and close to $200 in my pocket. I even managed to stump Maggie, the sexy-in-a-totally-High-Fidelity/Empire-Records-way clerk, with a few bands I was looking for. I think that may have even impressed her for about 20 seconds until she remembered that she has a photographer/musician boyfriend whose hipster status will never be threatened by my meager musical knowledge. So, we had a nice chat about our musical tastes, and then I took my money and went home. New discs are this:

The Decemberists, Picaresque
Glen Phillips (former lead singer of Toad the Wet Sprocket ), Winter Pays For Summer
Low, The Great Destroyer
Silver Sunshine, (self-titled)
M. Ward, Transistor Radio
Matthew Sweet, Living Things
Matt Pond PA, Winter Songs

Add to that Kaiser Chiefs' Employment and Gift of Gab's 4th Dimensional Rocketships Going Up that I picked up this weekend, and I've got a solid playlist for the next couple of weeks.

I'm off to make my Netflix subscription worth its while and see how badly they butchered The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I expect to be disappointed, which is why I haven't seen it until now. If it sucks as bad as I expect it to, I can always read the books again.

2 comments:

Todd - MyFlightBlog.com said...

I am anxious to hear how the Glen Phillips album is.

Mike said...

It's all coming to work with me today, so I'll let you know once I've listened.