4.17.2005

D'oh!


Had an enjoyable day today: went to Bloomington, did a little shopping, walked around in the sun, came home, went running, and watched Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. All in all, a pretty good day, especially since I'm been battling a bit of a spring cold, so it was nice to get outside. The only problem was, I was having so much fun, I forgot to set my DVR and missed the last Arrested Development of the season. Unless Fox reruns it, I guess I'll just have to hold out for the DVD, since I can't get BitTorrent to work on my Mac.

So Sky Captain was a pleasant surprise. It was visually stylish, but also a pretty enjoyable film. Sure, it was totally cliche and openly stole from Indiana Jones, Star Wars and a wide variety of 1930's serials, but I expected that. Knowing what I was in for, it was easy to enjoy it as the fun popcorn movie that it is. Plus, the bonus features had some great stuff about the art direction and design, and included the original six minute test film that writer/director Kerry Conran made back in 1998. His next project should be cool as well: Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter of Mars.

No comments: