4.03.2005

Wacky album titles are his specialty

While searching for an mp3 of Ted Leo's cover of Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" (which I finally found at A Whole Lotta Nothing), I noticed ugo.com has the details on Billy Corgan's upcoming solo album, THEFUTUREEMBRACE. I've been a fan of the former Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan frontman for quite a while now, so I'm curious to see what he does on his own (y'know, other than his poetry). If the rumors are true, Gish was technically a Corgan solo album anyway, so I hope this one is half as good.

DC United picked up yesterday where they left off 5 months ago, rolling to an uninspired and not at all pretty 2-0 win in LA. The game was originally supposed to be on ABC, but got bumped to ESPN when the pope died, which was all right, because it was probably not the type of showcase the league wanted. The game wasn't a sellout, and the play made it obvious that it was the first game of the season. Everybody on both sides looked a little ragged, but 3 points is 3 points. It's long season, so there's plenty of time to improve. I also caught several other games last night thanks to MLSNet's streaming video, which lets you watch the local broadcasts live through Windows Media Player. I felt like very much the technogeek with my TV tuned to Fox Soccer Channel for the Columbus v. LA game and two other games playing on my computer.

As much as I enjoyed a oh-so-refreshingly solid 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night, I do miss the puppy a little bit. But aside from the fact that I'm not allowed to have one in my building, I wouldn't impose this small space on a dog anyway. I'm very much in the room-to-run camp when it comes to canines. I am looking forward to getting back to a more normal schedule this week. I want to try to get to see Sin City, but since it's our close week at the magazine, it may have to wait until the weekend. My brother will be in town for the Gift of Gab show on Friday, so maybe he and I will catch it at some point.