4.07.2005

Lost is good

I mean scary good. Holy crap. I just got around to watching last night's episode (WARNING: links to a page with spoiler info). If there's a better hour-long show on TV right now, I'll eat my hat. And don't try to sell me on that Desperate Housewives crap, 'cause I ain't buying. I haven't watched a show that's consistently surprised me this much since Season 3 or 4 of The X-Files. I just hope J.J. Abrams and the Lost folks don't fall into the same trap Chris Carter did and wait so long to reveal their secrets that by the time they get around to it, nobody cares anymore.

So my favorite song of the past few days is a pretty faithful cover of Oasis's "Champagne Supernova" by Matt Pond PA that shows up on The O.C. Mix Vol. 4. I have no idea what the show is like, having never watched it, but I can count on buying at least two songs from the soundtracks when they show up on the iTunes store. Whoever's putting these together has pretty good taste.

No comments: