6.05.2005

Cellular dependency

Sometimes having something break is a good way to make you appreciate the everyday technology you take for granted. My cell phone battery died yesterday, and it took me a few hours to track down the right replacement model at a Verizon store in town. In that time, not only was there no way for anyone to get a hold of me other than my email, but I couldn't access my address book to figure out anyone's numbers to call them. At this point, the only number I remember off the top of my head is my parents, and that's only because I had to memorize it growing up. The first thing I did today was write everything down... on paper.

My former co-worker and email buddy Grant Wahl has an excellent interview with the #1 US goalkeeper, Kasey Keller, up at si.com. Kasey had a monster game yesterday against Costa Rica, preserving a slim 1-0 lead with four huge saves before the offense managed to put a couple more in the net, giving the US an important three points in World Cup qualifying. They head down to Panama Wednesday night, and a win there would pretty much seal up a trip to Germany next summer.

The folks behind Lost have put together a pretty sweet website based off of the fictional airline that the castaways were flying on when they crashed. There's plenty o' secrets hidden inside, including a video preview of Season 2 which begins in September. Here's how to see it.
1. Go to the official Oceanic Airlines website.
2. At the bottom, where it says "Travellers," enter Hurley's unlucky lottery numbers: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.
3. Click the "Find" button.
4. Click on the row numbers on the flight's seating chart that match Hurley's numbers.
5. Don't blink.

Thanks to Kristin at E! Online (by way of my friend CJ) for the tip.

No comments: