8.23.2004

Entourage

As I've mentioned before, my new favorite show is HBO's Entourage. The series follows an up-and-coming actor named Vincent Chase and his group of friends as they adjust to life in Hollywood. It's funny and smart, has a fantastic cast and a great soundtrack, and provides an opportunity for my favorite character actor, Jeremy Piven, to chew some scenery as Vince's complete scumbag agent. Because it's set in Hollywood, there are plenty of opportunities for cameos. In the past two weeks, we've been treated to smart turns from Val Kilmer as a drug-dealing Sherpa and Gary Busey, who has apparently has assumed the mantle of Hollywood's most eccentric actor now that Brando has passed on, as himself. If you have HBO and you're not watching this show, you're really missing out on something special.

After each episode, I find myself wishing that they would run music credits at the end of the show so that I could find various songs. Well, clearly, HBO has been reading my mind, becasue they've just updated the official Entourage website with an episode guide that lists all the music in each episode by scene. As a list, it sometime appears to be a strange mix, but usually tends to work with the scenes pretty well.

1 comment:

Todd - MyFlightBlog.com said...

I watched the Gary Busey episode last night. I feel like that show is getting better each week. I bet Jeremy Piven's agent gets a kick out of watching this.