9.26.2005

More music

Ahh, the library. So much free music, so little hard drive space... Made a run through the CD section on Saturday, and I was apparently in the mood for some completely different sounds, because everything I checked out ended up being either rap or jazz. Still processing a lot of it, but it made for a nice change of musical pace this weekend. Here’s what I picked up:

Atmosphere, Headshots: Seven
Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Both Sides of the Brain
Blackalicious, Nia
Lyrics Born, Same !@#$, Different Day
Latryx, The Album
Thelonious Monk, Thelonious Himself
Charles Mingus, Ken Burns Jazz
Charles Mingus, Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus (remastered)
John Scofield, Works for Me

Got passes today to a preview of Viggo Mortenson’s new flick, A History of Violence, tomorrow night. I’ll have a review later in the week. I’ve got high expectations for this one. The preview looks great, and it was very well-received at Cannes.

No comments: