9.16.2005

Batting .500

My trip through the filmography of Terry Gilliam is getting off to a bit of a rough start. I started out with Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which was as funny as I remembered, and set the bar rather high for the next movie, Jabberwocky, which I found to be thoroughly unwatchable. I lasted for about 45 minutes, determined to give it a try, but despite Michael Palin’s youthful enthusiasm, the film just couldn’t keep my attention. My only consolation is that I’m very likely not the first person to give up on this film before the end. I hope Time Bandits is able to hold my attention better than the last time I saw it. Otherwise, my Netflix queue is about to get a lot shorter.

Weatherwise, today was the first day of fall here. Cool, grey, and sort of rainy, and it smelled like the seasons are turning. That is, if your nose could get past the smells of rotten garbage and burning rubber that fill downtown Indy from time to time. Anyway, I celebrated autumn’s arrival by shopping at the grand opening of Indy’s first H&M. Needless to say, the arrival of the IKEA of clothing stores drew a large crowd of young women and gay men, but there were a few fellow straight guys browsing alongside me. The men’s section was somewhat smaller than I was hoping, but I still managed to find 1 or 2 (or 6) things to buy. The fact that it’s a block from work doesn’t bode well for my credit card balance.

No comments: