3.23.2005

News? Pshaw! Who needs it?

So, there's this whole Terri Schiavo thing that's getting some press coverage. You may have heard it mentioned recently. Not being a news-watcher, I haven't really paid much attention to it other than a few conversations with a woman at work who lived in Tampa until recently and covered this story for a few years. So I know enough about it to know that it makes me mad that the government is sticking its stupid nose where it doesn't belong again. I mean, if they can have special legislative sessions to write laws about her feeding tube, why not just write a law that divorces her from her husband and turns her over to her parents' care?

However, my favorite moment of the media frenzy so far was our wonderful president's comments about how "it is always wisest to err on the side of life." Sorry, George, could you repeat that? I couldn't hear you over the screaming of the 131 people you executed as governor of Texas. I almost got angry enough to look up a whole bunch of statistics to make my case, but a few brief moments of investigation showed me that This Modern World beat me to the punch. See how great the internet is?

No comments: