3.30.2005

The 'burbs

Four days in suburbia have convinced me of one thing: this is not the life for me. Hot tub aside, there's not much appeal. I miss being able to walk, well, pretty much anywhere. And I've realized that I like the liveliness of my building. It may be the neighborhood, but I feel totally isolated out here. Plus, commuting brings out the worst in my driving. I get all road ragey and aggressive.

So, it's been a while since my last post. The US got spanked by Mexico on Sunday (the 2-1 score makes it seem closer than it was), and is looking to bounce back against Guatemala tonight (ESPN2, 8 pm ET).

This game has an interesting sidebar, as several of the top strikers from both teams were involved in an MLS deal today. Carlos Ruiz, Guatemala's top marksman, was traded from the LA Galaxy to FC Dallas today in exchange for an allocation that LA will use to sign US star Landon Donovan (as mentioned in my last post). In Dallas, Ruiz will now be paired with the US's Eddie Johnson, currently scoring at a prodigious rate for the Yanks, and Donovan will be teammates in LA with Guillermo "El Pando" Ramirez, the midfield general for Guatemala.

In non-soccer-related news, it's a good TV night. Lost returns from a month-long break with a new episode. Of course, it's on opposite the US game. That's why I love my DVR.

I added another concert to my summer schedule. I'll be traveling to Cincinnati at the end of May to see Keane. They're playing in Cincy and Chicago but not Indy, but hey, if the music won't come to me, I'll go to the music.

No comments: