3.22.2005

It's Tuesday

And that means all kinds of new music and DVDs flooding the market. I made my weekly visit to the iTunes music store, and got really excited for a minute. At the bottom of the front page, you can choose to browse different iTunes stores from a variety of different countries. I switched over to the UK store, where they had tons of stuff unavailable in the US, including a Doves EP, the new Stereophonics album and Beck's new album (both of which have release dates scheduled for the US), a new Gorillaz single, and a bunch of different Elvis rereleases. Unfortunately, when I tried to buy something, it told me my account was only valid for purchases at the US store and sent me back there. Bee-yotch.

To console myself, I bought the remastered version of Ben Folds Five's Whatever and Ever Amen. It's one of my favorite albums in and of itself, but this version gets the value add of seven bonus tracks, including several covers and a version of "Song For The Dumped" that Ben sings in Japanese. Surreal.

While that was downloading, I stopped to watch the second installment of Clone Wars, and it was 12 minutes of kick-ass. It's gonna be hard for the movie to top this. OK, so the cartoon doesn't have Natalie Portman, but it also doesn't have her spouting painfully cardboard dialogue, either. And no trade delegations or Senate debates or stupid scientific explanations for The Force. It's pretty much just lightsaber fights and space battles, which is the way Star Wars should be.

No comments: