3.23.2005

Mmm... guilty pleasure...

I've never completely understood the appeal of magazines like People and US Weekly. I mean, the dichotomy of tearing down celebrities and fawning over them at the same time is totally lost on me. What is it? Hate them because they occasionally let their guard down and act like real people, or love them because when they clean up, they're like golden gods? Make up your mind.

Well, The Superficial has. Tear down, rip apart, dismantle and destroy in the cattiest, bitchiest manner possible is the clear mission of this blog. Much of the posts are devoted to exposing Britney Spears as the in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time white trash she is, and that, my friends, is good clean fun.*



*Actually, it's not. Anybody offended by foul language and crude sexual references, as well as people saying really, really mean things about celebs, skip this link. And then send me an email reminding me why we're friends...

2 comments:

cathy said...

I agree.

Anonymous said...

You like this blog because his writing sounds like you! Freakin' hilarious. The Jenna/Britney post had me in tears.