11.19.2005

Development Hell

So Fox has done it again. From the network that couldn't figure out how to get people to watch critically acclaimed shows with cult followings like Wonderfalls and Firefly (or just didn't care), we now get the cancellation of Arrested Development. Granted, AD was given a little bit more of a chance than either of the other two shows mentioned (2-1/2 seasons for AD as opposed to a half-season between the other two), but burying the show at 8:00 on Monday night in between baseball playoff games wasn't exactly going all out to help it find an audience.

Last year, when Fox reduced the episode order of Arrested Development, the cast and writers had a little fun at the expense of the network. This year, with cancellation looming, it seems like they're taking the same tack... only this time, they're not pulling their punches. Check out David Cross's analysis of the situation. If this ever airs, there will be more bleeps than dialogue.

And before the characters are blown from our short-term memory by whatever crap Fox replaces them with, figure out which one you are.

3 comments:

jsa said...

This show was genius. All good things, I suppose.

I did catch an episode of Wonderfalls on LOGO the other night. Maybe AD will have a shot somewhere else, but I doubt anyone can afford them.

Todd - MyFlightBlog.com said...

Amen, Brother Cross, Amen!

Quizes are in the air. I posted on over at MyFlightBlog.com yesterday (Find out what kind of plane you are?).

I took the blooth quiz. I said I am most like Michael.

Mike who did you end up as? If you were George Michael don't worry I won't tell your cousins. 8-)

Mike said...

I am also Michael. Although strangely, I think I answered a lot of questions with Lucille's answers.

I still think Ron Howard should cut a deal with HBO. They pick up the show, he directs an original movie for them. Easy-peasy. I should be an agent.