11.11.2005

Caaaable Guy!

It's amazing how much you can get done while waiting for the cable guy to arrive. Thanks to my DVR hard drive having an "unrecoverable write error", I've been sitting in my living room since 9:00 awaiting what will likely be a 5 minute visit. In that time, I've been able to pack for my weekend trip to Chicago, go through all my mail from the past week, pay my bills online, file a bunch of papers, clean my kitchen, carry on two email conversations, check in with work, and play a few rounds of Bionic Commando (one of the many games on the Capcom Classic Collection that I got for my birthday). Maybe I should be trapped in my apartment more often. Apparently, I'd get a lot more done.

Great. Well, at least I had a productive morning. The f@%#ing idiots at Bright House are telling me they can't get here because one street downtown is blocked off for the Veteran's Day parade. Glad I burned a vacation half-day for this. Morons.

No comments: