7.01.2005

Dot dot dot

Time to do some housecleaning, Larry King-style!

Layer Cake: good movie, great ending. But I just don't see Daniel Craig as James Bond... Podcasting is sweeping the nation. I recently joined the masses, and I've been using iPodder to listen to press conferences from US Soccer, Apple news from Inside Mac Radio, and Modern Rock Minutes from WOXY.com. As someone who hates talk radio, I have to say I'm surprised how much I like this. I guess it makes a difference if they're talking about something I'm interested in, and if the podcasts are interspersed in my music library. Now Apple's jumped on the bandwagon, adding podcasting to iTunes version 4.9. They've got a pretty limited selection of podcasts to start, but I'm sure they'll get up to speed soon... Speaking of WOXY, I've been enjoying their new audio stream lately: WOXY Vintage. Billed as "Classic Alternative Rock," this is what WOXY sounded like when I was in college. Some Clash, some Velvet Underground, and a whole lot of late 80's-early 90's college radio tracks. It's classic rock for the 120 Minutes set... And finally, didja hear the one about the Republican Senators who are blaming recent poor Army recruitment on the media? I know, it sounds like a joke, but it's true. Apparently, Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma seems to think that "Families are discouraging young men and women from enlisting 'because of all the negative media that's out there'." Spot on, Senator. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the large number of young men and women getting killed daily in the Middle East, dying far from home in a "war" that more than half of the country no longer believes we should be fighting. I can't see how that would have anything to do with how families are advising their loved ones. You know, I bet you're right. It's probably the media's fault.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the current summer double of RS has a wonderful review of the new Six Feet Under soundtrack.

One of the most memorable lines reads:

...but Caeser's otherwise respectful cover of "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" inexplicably lacks cowbell.

ah memories.

E

Mike said...

It's not "Less Cowbell", people. You will respect the Walken!

Anonymous said...

saw the Eels virtually "unplugged" at town hall last week. wow. can't even try to explain how interesting and creative this show was. 2 solid hours. 4-piece string section. no drums.

wow.

E

Mike said...

That's why I miss New York...