1.12.2007

Reboot

One of the blogs I've been reading lately is Obsessive Consumption, one woman's quest to track all of her purchases and through that, comment on our culture of consumerism. Each day, she posts an item that she purchased (either with a photo or a very cool sketchy line drawing). Lately, I've been trying to think of ways that my blog can better reflect its theme (that being how I spend my leisure time), and Obsessive Consumption's format has given me inspiration. So, from now on, each of my posts (hopefully daily) will deal with at least one thing I did that day during my free time. For example:

Rome: The Complete First Season. For the last couple of nights, I've been watching this immensely enjoyable HBO show (and really, are there any HBO shows that aren't?). Since it’s about to return with new episodes, I wanted to get caught up before the second season begins. I love that the show is historically accurate (at least by Hollywood standards), yet still interesting dramatically. Turns out sex, politics, and war makes for good TV. But who knew all Romans had British accents?

No comments: