1.15.2007

Dark Matter

The Last Kiss. Not at all what I expected. Everything I had read about this movie (admittedly, not a lot) classified it as a romantic comedy, and with Zach Braff listed as the lead, I figured it would be some goofy love triangle thing. Instead, it turned out to be almost an ensemble piece, and a pretty harsh indictment of marriage and relationships, with a few humorous moments thrown in here and there. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the movie. I just wouldn’t exactly call it romantic, and if it’s a comedy, it’s a pretty black one.

1 comment:

jsa said...

I have this sitting on my desk to watch tomorrow. Good thing I read your post first...I didn't have the right expectation!

I saw Little Miss Sunshine yesterday, and loved it. Too much hype, and I wish I'd just discovered it on my own, but sweet and well acted nonetheless.