4.08.2006

A New Beginning


As you may have noticed by now, the blog's gone through a bit of a redesign. (The new name comes courtesy of the last Oasis album.) It's an ongoing process, but here's some of the changes I've got planned.

1. No more "What's Keeping Me Busy" sidebar. Instead, I'll be including an item at the end of each post with the movies, music, books and shows that I've experienced since the last post. See below for an example.

2. Less soccer. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be talking about the US National Team and DC United, just in less depth. There are plenty of people out there who do it better, and frankly, I just don't have the time for long writeups anymore.

3. More of my own photography. I haven't been using my new camera enough, or sharing the photos I have been taking. That's going to change.

I'm sure other things will happen as I go along, but for now, I'm going out to enjoy the sun. Apparently, it pops out every once in a while between the tornados.

SOUNDS
The Believer, Rhett Miller
Take Action! Vol. 5, Various Artists
PASTE Magazine Sampler 21

IMAGES
Battlestar Galactica: Season One, Disc 2

WORDS
The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis

2 comments:

Todd - MyFlightBlog.com said...

I like the changes. Nice work. I look forward to seeing your photography on the site. I take it you did not buy a carton of eggs and a chick for the photo with this post did you?

Todd - MyFlightBlog.com said...

"The Soccer League in the states only exists so our country can say to the rest of the world that we have one [Made me think of Monty Python's Holy Grail "But, we've already got one"]. But, other than that it is a joke. Last time we had the world cup in the states they were giving tickets away. There is more interest in Australian Rules Football than Soccer in America."

Quote heard from a loud mouthed Texan on a bus leaving an Aussie Rules Game in Sydney.

He is probably glad you are cutting down on soccer coverage.