9.21.2004

Strange Days Indeed

Have you ever had one of those days when you just stop and laugh at the completely absurd situation you're in? This afternoon, I found myself driving around town with a wedding dress, an autographed Peyton Manning jersey, and a 3-foot blue spruce tree crammed into my car. I felt like I should have been in a Volkswagen commercial advocating the spaciousness and versatility of the Jetta. And considering the combined worth of the contents of my car were roughly equal to the value of the car itself, I was driving very carefully. I'm sure it looked pretty odd to people who passed me.

I've got two freelance jobs keeping me busy this week, so not much to post about again. The Blast tied 1-1 this weekend, but they played really well and enjoyed themselves, so we were pretty happy with the result. I'm really enjoying coaching, and look forward to doing it again sometime. I definitely think I inherited my dad's interest in coaching. Hopefully, I inherited his talent and patience as well. The biggest challenge most times is getting the boys to focus on soccer and stop wrestling, punching each other, climbing trees, or kicking someone else's ball down the field. Two hours a week with 14 nine-year-old boys is a pretty good form of birth control. (Exaggerating, but you get my point. Besides, "birth control" would mean a lot more if I actually had a girlfriend.) We've got a scrimmage this Thursday, and then only three more games before the playoffs. It seems like this season just started.

1 comment:

Todd - MyFlightBlog.com said...

Hmmm, I would think a shirnk would say it is good that while you are in touch with your feminine side by driving around in the open with a wedding dress it is good that you balance that with the manliness of the Peyton Manning Jersey. But, I am not sure what the symoblism of the tree is. I will think about it 8-)