9.06.2004

Back in town

Well, I'm back. Alaska was incredible, and no matter what words I use to describe it, they will never do it justice. I'm going to make an attempt, and will be posting it in installments, since it's rather wordy. I'm just checking a few facts with my fellow travelers, and then I'll begin posting.

Before I do, though, I want to give a huge thank you to Tom and Nikki Ulmer, our hosts on this trip. They did so much planning and preparation before the rest of us arrived that we would have been lost without them. Tom acted as our tour guide, photographer, cook, and even camp policeman. His experience was totally invaluable, and it would not have been the same trip without him. To get a taste of what we saw, check out Tom's photography. There's already some stuff up from our trip. He's extremely talented, and his stuff is for sale at very reasonable prices, so buy something already. And thanks to Nikki for being our reason to go to Alaska. Without a friend to visit, none of the rest of us probably would have ever made it Alaska, and definitely never had the experience we had last week.

Also, another thank you to Todd, Cynthia, and P.I. (a.k.a. Engine No. 1). They were also a big part of the trip, and I'm glad to have been able to share my experiences with them (and save them from imaginary wolf attacks). Readjusting to life in Indianapolis is going to be tough after the week we just had.

No comments: