1.23.2006

...and Double Blah

Not much happens in this town in the winter. Now that the holidays are past and the Colts are out of the playoffs, we've sort of descended into a city-wide malaise. Despite some weirdly warm weather, it's been pretty gray and crappy here, and it seems to be sucking the energy out of everybody. I've definitely been feeling the effects. Work has been kind of shite lately, and I've been doing a lot of reading and sudoku, as well as little projects around the apartment. I'm finally getting around to framing some posters I bought last year, reorganizing my cabinets and closets, and replacing some household necessities like towels and pillows. The excitement just keeps coming.

Not much to report on the pop culture front. I did get some good tickets to Oasis's show at the Murat in March, and both Matisyahu and Sigur Ros are playing here in February. If I'm lucky, I'll make it to all three shows. Otherwise, I'm very slowly working through my Netflix queue and list of movies to see in the theater. I want to try to see some of the major Oscar flicks in the next few weeks. I've already seen Walk the Line and Syriana, so it looks like it's true crime and gay cowboys for me!

Um... I probably won't ever repeat that.

1 comment:

Todd - MyFlightBlog.com said...

But, do you have your tickets to the Samples at Birdy's tomorrow night?