12.10.2005

Joy and pain

The stars aligned in my favor today when I went by the library to return a book. I decided to take a pass through the CD section, and it was a massive success. Lots of stuff I've wanted to hear for a while, coupled with stuff I'd forgotten I wanted to listen to. Here's what I found:

Sufjan Stevens, Seven Swans
Maxïmo Park, A Certain Trigger
Pedro the Lion, Achilles Heel
Madvillain, Madvillainy
Paul McCartney, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard
Matt Pond PA, Emblems
Aimee Mann, Lost in Space
Johnny Cash, Unchained
Various Artists, Dressed in Black: A Tribute to Johnny Cash
Neko Case & Her Boyfriends, Furnace Room Lullaby
Danny Gatton, Hot Rod Guitar

As I've been ripping, I mean, uh... listening to these CDs, I've been watching more of Arrested Development: Season One. What an utterly criminal waste to cancel this show. I guess because it's not dumbed down to the level of Two and a Half Men or Joey, the Average American doesn't get it. Hopefully HBO picks Development up and it takes its proper place in the best lineup of shows on television. Imagine a night of back to back eps of Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm...

Sigh. My dream world is a nice place.

No comments: