12.17.2006

Poster Exchange

While I may not agree with all the choices, I like Sam Smyth's idea of ranking 2006's best movie posters. After a long period of predictablity and unoriginality, interesting and creative design is beginning to make a comeback, at least for movies outside the realm of the typical blockbuster. My personal top pick would be the above poster for The Illusionist, but then again, I'm a type nerd.
WATCH
Scarface
Superman Returns

READ
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

1 comment:

jsa said...

A cool collection of these and the concert posters you love and you'll be your own modern art museum!

A note on movie posters: I hate it when the poster has nothing to do with the movie (unless cleverly so; I'm not above clever), including showing faces of characters/actors that aren't in it. My all-time favorite movie (Valley Girl, of course) has some chick's face on it with Nicolas Cage that doesn't even resemble anyone in the film.