10.10.2005

Burn, baby, burn

Been a while since I assembled a mix CD, mainly because I haven't used my car all that much lately, But after logging some driving time this weekend and realizing I'd listened to all of my mixes too many times, I decided it was time for something new, so I've been shuffling tracks all evening while doing laundry. I've had a massive influx of music lately, so it took a while to sort through everything, but it was pretty easy once I opened my Recently Played playlist in iTunes and took a look at what's been in heavy rotation lately: lots of current Brit rock, an oldie-but-goodie from Echo & the Bunnymen, the new Death Cab tracks, and Beck's most recent album that I finally gave some serious attention. The final tracklist comes down rather heavily in favor of our neighbors across the pond, led by Bloc Party with three tracks. I started the mix with "Like Eating Glass," the same track that they chose to kick off Silent Alarm. I've had this song stuck in my head for two days, and it's so damn catchy it hasn't bothered me a single bit. Here's the complete list:

Like Eating Glass, Bloc Party
Marching Bands Of Manhattan, Death Cab for Cutie
E-Pro, Beck
Bandages And Scars, Son Volt
The World Turned Upside Down, Coldplay
Picky Bugger, Elbow
Wasteland, Maxïmo Park
Forever Lost, The Magic Numbers
Set Yourself On Fire, Stars
Soul Meets Body, Death Cab for Cutie
So Here We Are, Bloc Party
The Killing Moon, Echo & The Bunnymen
I Heard It Through the Grapevine, Kaiser Chiefs
In This Home On Ice, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
My Very Best, Elbow
How You See the World No. 2, Coldplay
Girl, Beck
Someday You Will Be Loved, Death Cab for Cutie
Blue Light (Engineers' Anti-Gravity Mix), Bloc Party

No comments: