2.22.2006

Crunching numbers

I was playing around on the Last.fm website earlier, and I came across an interesting post. It's always intriguing to me to see how people choose to break things down, so I decided I would play Johannes' game, and here's what I came up with:

Total number of tracks: 11,344

by song title
First song: "¡Americano!" - Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers
Last song: "Zooropa" - U2

by time
Shortest song: "One Last 'Whoo-hoo!' for the Pullman" - Sufjan Stevens (0.06)
Longest song: "Peter and the Wolf" - Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic Orchestra (27.18), which sorta doesn't count. Next in line was: " 'Round Midnight" - Thelonious Monk (22.00)

by album
First song: "Blackened" - Metallica, ...And Justice For All
Last song: "Through Your Eyes" - Matthew Sweet, キミがスキ・ライフ (Kimi Ga Suki)

first five songs that come up on shuffle
1. "Aimum" - Béla Fleck & the Flecktones
2. "Release Part 1, 2, 3" - Blackalicious
3. "Slipping" - Geddy Lee
4. "The Luckiest" - Ben Folds
5. "Gentle Hum" - The Finn Brothers

top ten most played songs
1. "Perfect Situation" - Weezer (34)
2. "Don't Panic" - Coldplay (28)
3. "Like Eating Glass" - Bloc Party (22)
3. "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" - Boris Karloff (22)
5. "I've Been Waiting" - Matthew Sweet (21)
5. "Part of the Queue" - Oasis (21)
7. "Plans" - Bloc Party (20)
8. "Positive Tension" - Bloc Party (19)
8. "The Scientist" - Coldplay (19)
8. "Fix You" - Coldplay (19)
not surprisingly, these are all songs I've taught myself to play (except the Grinch)

search...
"sex", number of songs that turn up: 13
"love": 329
"you": 788
"death": 30
"hate": 12
"wish": 19
and I added a couple of my own...
"black": 66
"white": 35
"boy": 69
"girl": 92

No comments: